Perhaps some of you have already heard the news… that CAM International is now changing its name to CAMINO GLOBAL.
Originally, CAM was founded in 1890 as “Central American Mission” with a focus on the Spanish-speaking countries of Central America. In the 21st century, CAM has moved beyond strictly Central America. CAM now has over 260 missionaries (in 26 teams) reaching Spanish-speakers in Mexico, Spain, Canada, Uruguay, Hispanic areas of the U.S.A. as well the Central American countries. The time has come to refresh the identity of our mission agency.
We like the inclusion of CAM in the word CAMino, but more importantly you may ask… Why CAMINO GLOBAL? Camino in Spanish means the “way” or “path” (John 14:6). Christ Himself stated that He was (and IS!) the “camino.” Global describes the ultimate reach of our ministry reflecting the dispersion of Spanish-speakers throughout the world. We’re pleased to report that there are no changes in our theological doctrines or biblical practices. We recall the verse that sparked our founder to send out the first missionaries to Costa Rica… where we studied Spanish 44 years ago: “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8, NKJV). And yes, I have set that key verse to music (in Spanish)!
We are privileged to form part of the faculty of the Rio Grande Bible Institute situated in a strategic location on the Mexican border. Thanks for praying for the 185 students in the Bible seminary, in the evening school and the Spanish language institute.
Here are some of our future plans:
- Finish the 6th and last CD of our biblical Spanish songs and hymns.
- Record a CD of 15 numbers in English.
- Continue to teach and coach the many young people who desire to learn to play musical instruments for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Continue to write material for the manual to the Spanish language hymnal “Celebremos Su Gloria” (over 1/3 million copies have been published).
- Reach out to those who need to know the Lord as their Savior or to be discipled
- Maintain constant contact with our financial and prayer supporters across the USA.
- Take part in the upcoming CAM convocation in Colorado this coming summer.
None of this would be possible without your prayers and gifts. You make our ministry possible to serve as “musicianaries” to Hispanics. Thanks so much! May God continue to bless and use you.
“Sing to him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy” (Ps. 33:3, NKJV)
|Phil & Arleen Blycker|
|Field Address: Rio Grande Bible Institute ° 4300 S. Bus. Hwy. 281 ° Edinburgh, TX 78539|
|Home phone: 956-682-6273|
|Cell phone: 956-566-4799|
|Mission Address: CAM International ° 8625 La Prada Drive ° Dallas, TX 75228|
|Email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|